Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/mccormackfunerals.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
At M&A McCormack Funerals, we provide excellent service at an affordable price. The costs associated with a funeral can vary significantly depending on the choices a family makes. As a guide, an appropriately conducted funeral may cost anywhere between $5,000 and $12,000.
Funerals are very personal events and therefore each family will make different decisions on the style of service they wish to have. These choices will reflect the personal, cultural and financial needs of a family and can significantly impact on the overall cost of the funeral.
To obtain an accurate cost we suggest you have a face-to-face meeting with us so that all the options can be explained and itemised.
What elements can influence the cost? The following are some of the items that impact on the cost of a funeral:
- The Funeral Director’s service fees and quality of their facilities including hearses, mortuary, chapel and viewing suites.
- Whether the funeral involves cremation or burial. Generally speaking cremation is cheaper than burial, particularly if you need to purchase a new grave. For instance the cost of a new grave can be a few thousand dollars whereas cremation will generally be less than $1,000. The cost of burial can also be impacted on whether it is below ground or above ground in a vault.
- The choice of coffin or casket. We have a wide selection to choose from and these will vary in cost due to the materials and workmanship.
- Whether the funeral will be held on a weekday or a Saturday. If it is held on a Saturday then additional fees are likely to apply.
- Death Certificates.
- Clergy or Celebrant fees.
- After-hour fees.
- Cremation Urns.
- The extent of floral tributes or catering.
- Hiring of vehicles.
- The length, style and number of Death and Funeral notices placed in newspapers.
- Personalising the funeral with items like printed keepsakes or a DVD Tribute.
What McCormack Funerals Offer
At McCormack Funerals we look to play a key but unobtrusive role with an eye to making sure the ‘little things’ are taken care of. Many hours of planning behind the scenes by Mick and Ann will ensure the funeral is carried out in accordance with your wishes.
At McCormack Funerals we offer the following services:
We operate and are available 24 hours, 365 days of the year. With over 50 years of experience helping families plan funerals Mick and Ann are well equipped to offer you all the guidance, care and support that you will need. Simply call 1800 080 909.
As members of the industry body, Australian Funeral Directors Association, we are bound by a strict Code of Ethics and Practices.
Availability of professionally trained staff to arrange, co-ordinate and conduct the funeral, viewing (if required) or rosary (if required).
Liaise with third parties on your behalf, such as the Cemetery/Crematoria, celebrants, florists, caterers, vocalists or other service providers.
Availability of one of our Chapel facilities that are equipped with state of the art audio visual equipment. These facilities can cater for the funeral or viewing (if required).
Provide assistance and support leading up to the funeral.
Ability to transfer the deceased in to our care 24 hours a day.
At a convenient time and place, we can meet with family members to discuss the funeral arrangements.
A wide selection of coffins, caskets and urns to choose from.
Provision of a modern and well-equipped fleet of vehicles including Hearses and Mourning Cars.
Liaise with the Coroner (when required).
Our staff can obtain the burial or cremation certificate from the Doctor or Coroner.
Register the death with Births, Deaths and Marriages. Arrange and pay for certified copies of the death certificate.
Liaise with the Cemetery or Crematorium.
Coordinate the priest, clergy or celebrant who will lead the service.
Prepare and submit Death and Funeral Notices for one or more newspapers.
Provide an appropriate level of mortuary care.
We can help you choose a coffin or casket, floral tributes or cremation urn.
List the funeral details on our website, www.mccormackfunerals.com.au and establish an eTribute (online memorial) where family and friends can contribute messages of condolence, place a symbol of love, share photographic and video stories and offer the family support.
Have a range of additional offerings including catering, printed keepsakes, DVD Tributes, Memorial Books and an extensive music library to choose from.
Click here to download a copy of our helpful guide on Funeral Costs.