Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/mccormackfunerals.com.au/public_html/wp-content/plugins/q-and-a/inc/functions.php on line 252
Under the Coroners Act of 2003 Coroners are responsible for investigating reportable deaths. A reportable death is where:
- The identity of the deceased is unknown.
- The death was violent or unnatural, ie accidents, falls, suicide or drug overdoses.
- The death happened in suspicious circumstances.
- A ‘cause of death’ certificate has not been issued and is not likely to be issued.
- The death was a health care related death.
- The death occurred in care or custody.
- The death occurred as a result of police operations.